I can get a lot of stuff done. Here’s some areas where I can help.
Jennifer Ching is a creative thinker with a passion for learning, design, and technology. After 14 years of leadership in corporate marketing and creative.
Jennifer Ching is a creative thinker with a passion for learning, design, and technology.
After 14 years of leadership in corporate marketing and creative agency operations, she found her calling as a business systems analyst and system administrator, supporting systems and tools behind the scenes.
Jennifer now operates her own marketing and technology agency, bringing big-company knowledge and know-how to small business owners looking to grow and connect with top-notch talent.
Systems, tools, training, and technical support come naturally to Jenn, and her relentless troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are just a few of her many superpowers.
She brings with her a positive, connection-centric vibe and over a decade of knowledge in creative services, system strategy, structure, project management and data management practices.
I like figuring things out. I like to make technology work for me, not the other way around. People have the tendency to buy technology and systems because they are new and shiny…and then can’t figure out how to make the system do all the things the demo said it would. There is NO SHAME in that. It’s exciting! I’ve done it too. But it’s my mission to “beat the machine” and get it to do my bidding. If I don’t already have experience with it, I’m certain I can figure it out.
There are 3 ways I can help:
- I figure it out and set it up for you (and you run it)
- I figure it out, set it up and run it for you
- I figure it out and teach you (or document it for you)
- Platform analysis, set up, branding and template building
- Digital organization & File management
- Interface with vendors, tech support and developers
- Mobile App (ActionEra Expert App)
- Learning Management Systems (Thinkific)
- Mail systems (like MailChimp, AWeber)
- Websites (like WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, Carrd)
- Digital Asset Management Systems (DAMs)
- Project Management or Collaboration tools (Workfront*, Trello, Monday, Basecamp, Teams, OneDrive, GSuite)
- Form Builders (JotForm)
*I was a Workfront system admin & guru: system set up and configuration template set up, form building, reporting, text mode editing, etc.
Marketing & Creative
After working in corporate marketing, nested in an in-house creative team for nearly 14 years, I’ve picked up a few things. I understand a lot about marketing concepts & strategy, and I’m better at executing them. I’m creative, have design sensibilities and understand how to apply brand standards. I also have a network of talented production artists, graphic designers, and art directors. If I can’t do it, I can help you hire someone who can.
- Basic design services & video editing*
- Template & PowerPoint Creation
- Documenting brand standards (so you can share your assets with vendors!)
- Photo retouching
- File set up & delivery
- Image selection & licensing
- Interface with vendors & creative professionals
- Large format & offset print buying
- Press checks & proof review/markup
*I use Adobe products (Photoshop, Premier, Illustrator, etc) and Canva for design services. I’m Mac & PC proficient.
Project Management, Operations & Process
I like things to run optimally. I managed a team of project managers for years, and did my fair share of managing programs and projects. Need a schedule? I got you. Need a to-do list after we meet? Done. Want to hire a project manager to help you? I know people who ROCK. Need me to look at what you’re doing and help you make it more efficient? I just got the chills….Let’s partner together to make things run smoothly for you! #iLoveSpreadsheets
- Meeting notes, summary & to-do lists
- Schedule building & deadline management
- Process creation, set up, documentation & education
- “How To” document development
Everyone needs a coach, manager or peer to help them grow. Especially if you are a freelancer or contractor with NO support or guidance. I have spent many years growing, developing and leading people. I absolutely LOVE helping people accomplish their goals and providing support. I’ve been a mentor, coach and sounding board. Ask my ex-employees: I give an awesome, weekly one-to-one.
I can help you set up goals, tackle the challenges and obstacles you are facing, and occasionally give advice if you want it. A lot of managers are really driving the goals and agendas of their parent company– I’m here for YOU and YOUR growth. If you need a partner or sounding board to work through something challenging, I can help.
My niche is working with creative and operations professionals who are either freelancers or are transitioning into or out of a corporate environment. I get your pain. I understand your pressure. I’m a good listener. I’m also currently studying Reiki and am certified as a Wholeness Coach and trauma healer so I can help people emotionally, spiritually and mentally.
Ready to Get Stuff Done?
I’m excited to discuss your project or support needs.